Saturday 21 July 2007

Evas Art is a combination of my writings and drawings. I am at the mercy of my very clever friend Jullie, who owns a digital camera and the abilility to put my drawings onto my blog. I will post my drawings in the coming week. I adore drawing and it is my passion.
Over the past many years there has been a myriad of other interests that have taken my time and now I am returning to my first true love; DRAWING.

During my earlier school years I won many art competitions and my favourite prize was a book called Piccaninny Walkabout. It was a story about two Aboriginal children, a brother and a sister, and their journey through the Australian outback. Rickalilly was the girl's name and I loved her and her beautiful smile. The author included photographs of the children and I was fortunate enough to participate in an art exhibition in Syria in 1994 and I drew a life sized portrait of Rickalilly as well as other drawings for the exhibition.

The exhibition was held in a town called Skelbieh. I lived in Syria for nine years and the people and culture have left me with a heart full of inspiration and love for their beauty and history.

No comments: