Sunday 19 August 2007

Broken Hill


I remember finishing off my drawing in a communal lounge in an old pub in Broken Hill. An old shearer who had drunk a few too many beers was trying to aim his fork laden with spagetti into his mouth. You guessed it, most of his food landed on him or the floor. He was ever so polite and kept apologising to me but I didn't take offence. Broken Hill is in far west NSW in Australia. A mining town with a flourishing art community. The surrounding desert was so beautiful and the colours of the sky at sunset held such magic for me.

2 comments:

Mom of 2 Roses said...

Eva,
This building looks like the high school I went to. I woule love for you see a picture of it. Again, you do such a wonderful job!

Laurie

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hi Eva, I had to giggle about the guy with the spaghetti :)
I have been to Broken Hill so i knew what you meant :)

This drawing is simply amazing, the detail superb, you are pure brilliance.

Shannon (Julles friend)